LegendScript
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cheating?

Go down

Cheating? Empty Cheating?

Post  Rangedboyke Sat Jun 28, 2008 5:20 pm

Hello everyone,

Maybe you have seen it sometimes the last few days. We have banned a few users who where 'cheating'. We still want to tell you what we are meaning with this and what has happend.

First of all, what does it mean:
We mean with 'cheating' that people are using commands to get the bots IP. They are trying to get this to do bad things with the IP. We want to get this out so we are global banning them to get them out of the channels where LegendScript isin.

When people where abusing with this, legendscript parted the channel, banned the user, warned the user, warned the staff from LegendScript. We have now removed those scripts and placed them in our other files. When someone is abusing now we are just taking action against this user. It wont be possible anymore to do anything in the commands to get the IP or other bad things because of our new system.

Second, we have banned some users who you might know. One of them is [-Srankie-] we mostly dont tell if we are removing bot staff members from our list but this user did make it to federation. [-Srankie-] who was scripting sometimes for LegendScript was trying to cheat also with this. He was doing this before for 'fun' what he told us. However I warned him already once. Now I was talking to him and he told me that he was going to start hes own bot 'again'. I asked him if he was going to leave LegendScript. This made him leave and he was going to do bad things to LegendScript. The cheating, and more. We have global banned this user and we have banned this user from our forums. Of course he can use a 'proxy' however we have already taken action for this. When hes going to use it and we will find it out then we have something for him. Because using proxys is FORBIDDEN.

We hope we have not made you mad by banning him and some more users the last few days.

Have fun while using LegendScript!
We will always help you to get out spammers, and to get out people who wont make it fun to enjoy the fun on SwiftIRC!

Adding: Srankie did evade the ban on our forums. We are going to take action soon.

Rangedboyke
Admin

Number of posts : 151
Registration date : 2008-03-16

http://www.legendscript.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum